I agree, he is the reason I took up golf in the first place. He and John Daly.

Tiger Woods wins his 58th Tournament by winning the World Golf Championship at the bridgestone Invitational by 8 strokes.
He has won 14 of his last 25 tournaments.
Now he goes into the PGA Championship at Southern Hills next week looking for his 13th Major championship.
There`s no active players dominating their sport the way this man is.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]
I agree, he is the reason I took up golf in the first place. He and John Daly.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Roger Federer
Tennis, I forgot about the ole green fuzzy ball, you are right 7teen, he has dominated as well. I tend to forget about tennis and soccer for some reason.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Tiger>Federer
tiger Woods
World Ranings-1
Roger Federer
World Rankings-1
Tiger Woods
Major Championships-12
Roger Federer
Grand Slam Titles-11
Tiger Woods
Tournament wins-58
Roger Federer
Tournament wins-49
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]
Roger Federer turns 26 in a couple of days
Tiger Woods is 31
I'm a Tiger Woods fan, but I'm willing to wager that by the age of 31, Federer has more wins and Majors than Tiger at the age of 31. Tiger will end up with more majors, only because Federer's sport won't allow him to play as long as Tiger's.
I personally think that, even though I like Tiger, Federer is more dominating in his sport.
The funny thing about this last Tiger win was that Rory Sabatini was talking smack before the round saying Tiger was as beatable as ever. Rory goes into the final day with a one stroke lead and by the end of the round Tiger wins by 8 strokes, I bet Rory would like to pull his head from his ass after that beat down.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
You may be correct 7teen, but you have to think of two other factors here. One, tennis players come onto the seen in their teenage years professionally. Also, by the time they reach 30 they are probably going to be over the hill.
Golfers on the other hand do not turn pro until early-mid 20s. They are also not outside their prime until late 40s.
As of this point in time, I would venture to say their shots at majors are pretty equal which is a more viable stat than just looking at the age and number at which they had captured at that age.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
I'm not saying Tiger isn't great, I believe he is. In fact, I'd rank him #1 as my top athlete as a fan. I was just arguing the statement that no one else is dominating their sport the way Tiger is. I believe Federer has been just as dominating, if not moreso, than Tiger of late.
You could also argue that what Tiger does is harder because he has to beat everyone, while Federer only has to win 6-7 matches in a tournament. I'm not arguing who is the greater athlete. Just the statement made in the original post.
Federer isnt dominating as much as you think, its very possible that he might not be #1 at the end of the year. Nadal owns him and its pretty much a #1A/#1B in the world right now. Slight edge to Federer at the US Open but Nadal and Djokovic have a real opportunity to win it as well. Nadal is closer to winning Wimbledon than Federer is the French Open these days too and you gotta realize that Rafa just turned 21. He is knocking on the door and I have a feeling once the door opens for Nadal, Federer may never get it back because Nadal's will is greater than any that Ive ever seen, not to mention the kids overall game is just sick.
Bookmarks